It’s pretty easy to lighten your hair at home, but if you’re not careful, you could end up with a brassy, orange mess that you regret. That’s why it’s best to follow our easy guide to lightening your hair at home. Read more here.
4 Ways to Lighten Your Hair at Home without Bleach
If you’d like to get lighter hair without a trip to the salon, step away from the bleach so far as to not touch it. At best, you’ll wind up with some uneven tones or a shade that wasn’t what you had contemplated.
At worst, you could burn your scalp or cause your hair to molt and/or fall out. And then you’ll likely have to spend more money and time going to the salon for damage control.
Lighten Your Hair at Home using Cinnamon
Here’s what you should do:
- Get a pair of pantyhose and wrap them around your head leaving just your face peeking through.
- Then shake up some cinnamon powder with enough water to create a nice drizzle.
- Dip the soaked pantyhose into the solution for 20 seconds.
- Cover your head completely with plastic wrap, apply heat either defuse or flat iron, for several minutes before throwing on an old t-shirt and bed sheets over it all so no one will notice, now would be a good time to go to sleep!
Your locks will be darker in the morning but if they aren’t dark enough wake up anytime throughout the day and repeat steps 1-4 in the same manner.
Lighten Your Hair at Home using Sunlight
The fastest, easiest, and safest way to get lighter hair without a trip to the salon is by using the natural light of day. Whether you own a sun lamp or just get ample amounts of natural sunlight for about twelve hours, according to recent research, it’ll give your hair that all-important vibrant glint without causing any damage, unlike color strip and other sprays and bleaches which could burn your scalp and cause your hair to come out after prolonged use.
Lighten Your Hair at Home using vinegar
The first thing you need to do is buy some apple cider vinegar that contains the “mother.” If it doesn’t, you should return it because it won’t work.
- Next, you should take the vinegar and apply it to your hair evenly. You can put it on your scalp or throughout your hair.
- Leave it on for about 20-30 minutes. You may want to protect your clothes with a plastic bag or plastic wrap.
- Next, rinse your hair with warm water and shampoo and condition afterward.
If you want, you can do it every few days and you’ll see results in a few weeks.
Lighten Your Hair at Home using Lemon Juice
You can think of this method as a more natural way of lightening your hair. The steps are quite simple, too. You will need lemon juice, of course, which acts as an agent for lightening your hair.
It is best to use lemon juice before your hair is washed. You can apply it directly to your hair or, if you are more comfortable, you can mix it with other products.
When you wash your hair, the lemon juice will be washed out of your hair, giving your hair a more golden hue.
But if you really want to lighten your hair, there are several methods to do it only by using natural ingredients, in fact, you may already have some at home laying around your pantry. We suggest you follow EuroHairFashion.com guide on How to Lighten Hair without Bleach the Natural way to find the perfect and personal way to lighten your hair and finally clear all your doubts.
Before you attempt to lighten your hair, consider what results in you’ll achieve. If you have blonde hair, it will get blonder. If you have light brown hair, you might end up with some dark blonde strands coming through. Redheads may be transformed into strawberry blondes. However, if you have dark brown or black hair, lemon juice, and other DIY natural recipes won’t lighten it at all (if your hair is naturally dark). Rather choose a product like Malibu C Hard Water Wellness Shampoo to give your hair a softer appearance overall.