The hair transplant cost in Turkey has proven to be the lowest compared to anywhere else in the world. Thousands of people flock to Turkey every year for hair transplant operations because they know they’ll get quality treatments at very affordable prices. Although the average hair transplant cost in Turkey ranges from $2,500 to $7,500, several factors may still influence the actual price you get when booking an appointment. This article covers every important detail you need to know about hair transplant costs in Turkey.
Why Do Men Go to Turkey For Hair Transplants?
Here are the major reasons why men go to Turkey for hair transplants:
For decades, Turkey has been a hot spot for hair transplant surgeries as well as other forms of plastic surgery. You’ll find professional doctors for any kind of hair surgery in Turkey, from regular hair transplants to moustache and beard transplants. The continuous success of hair transplants by Turkish doctors and the thousands of testimonials from satisfied clients online have put Turkey on the map as the best place to get hair transplant surgery.
2. Presence of Multiple Professionals
Most of the world-renowned and award-winning surgeons reside in Turkey. The country has an abundance of surgeons who have earned a reputation for their skill and expertise in hair transplantation. These doctors attract patients from all over the world.
3. Advanced Techniques
Turkish doctors use the most advanced techniques with high success rates. Here are the most popular hair transplant techniques used in Turkey:
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE): The FUE technique is a technique that involves the extraction of hair follicles from the donor site and implanting them in the recipient area one by one. This technique takes about 6 – 8 hours and is preferred over FUT for its reduced scarring.
- DHI hair transplant: DHI Direct Hair Implantation is a hair transplantation method that involves the use of a Choi pen (more details). It is preferred because, unlike the FUE hair transplant, this method allows the surgeon to make incisions ànd implantation simultaneously, thus saving time. It also gives a natural finish.
- Sapphire FUE: This advanced FUE follicular unit extraction technique uses Sapphire blades. This hair transplant procedure improves accuracy, promotes faster healing, and gives permanent results.
4. Low Cost Of Treatments
The hair transplant cost in Turkey is the cheapest compared to other popular destinations for hair transplant surgeries. In Istanbul, Turkey, prices of hair transplants fall even lower due to the high number of competing doctors and clinics. The fact that Turkey offers high-quality treatments at giveaway prices makes it irresistible for men (and women) with hair loss conditions.
How Much Does A Good Hair Transplant Cost In Turkey?
Getting a good hair transplant in Turkey can cost you between $2,500 and $7,500. However, several factors affect the actual price you get. These factors include:
- Reputation of the surgeon/clinic: Highly reputable hair transplant clinics in Turkey charge fairly higher prices than other less-reputable clinics. Although these prices are higher, these doctors have a reputation to uphold, so they deliver the best treatments to patients.
- Technique used: The cost of FUE hair transplants is usually higher than that of FUT hair transplants. The average cost of FUE transplants in Turkey is $2,000 to $3,500. The price may go even higher for more advanced techniques like Sapphire and DHI that require skill, precision, and high-tier equipment.
- Number of grafts needed for surgery: Different hair loss conditions require different numbers of grafts to fill up bald sites adequately. A frontal hair loss (or receding hairline) may require about 1,500 to 2000 grafts for surgery, while more severe cases may require 3,500 hair grafts or more. Some doctors charge per the number of grafts harvested.
How Much Does 3,000 Grafts Cost In Turkey?
A 3,000 graft hair transplant operation can cost anywhere between $1,800 and $2,100, though the average price is $1,500. 3,000 is the average number of grafts demanded for hair transplant operations; only extreme hair loss cases require more grafts (4,000 and above). In some hair transplant clinics in Turkey, you can get a 3,000 grafts hair transplant surgery for as low as $800. But there’s no guarantee it will be the same quality treatment as that of top clinics.
How Much Does 5,000 Grafts Cost In Turkey?
The average cost of hair transplant operations involving 5,000 hair grafts is between $2000 and $3000. This cost may vary depending on the technique, surgeon, or type of package offered. 5,000 hair graft surgeries are only needed in hair loss cases of Norwood level 4 – 5. The Norwood scale is used to classify baldness, ranging from levels 1 to 7.
How Much Does 6,000 Grafts Cost In Turkey?
A 6,000-graft hair transplant costs between $2,100 and $4,500. This number of grafts is usually required for very extreme hair loss cases (Norwood level 6 – 7). However, most surgeons do not recommend extracting more than 5,000 grafts of hair due to the risk of necrosis. 5,000 hair grafts are often sufficient to restore an almost full head of hair; however, a total hair loss condition may require 6,000 grafts.
Why Is Turkey So Cheap For Hair Transplants?
Here are the major reasons why hair transplants are so cheap in Turkey:
1. Hair Transplant Packages
Clinics in Turkey offer hair transplants as part of a special all-inclusive package. This practice is another way to woo customers, as it covers most of the expenses a visitor would usually incur during his stay.
Typical hair transplant packages would cover:
- Free translator (if necessary)
- Transportation (private)
- Tours/leisure programs
- Medication and check-ups
2. High Competition
There is an overly high number of doctors and surgeons performing hair transplant operations in Turkey. Despite the thousands of surgeons already available, more get trained and certified yearly, so much so that the supply now seems to exceed the demand.
Currently, there are over 1,700 certified hair transplant surgeons and over 500 hair transplant clinics in Istanbul alone. This high competition is one major reason why hair transplant cost Turkey is so low.
3. Medical Tourism
Turkey is rated among the top three countries for medical tourism worldwide. In a bid to boost medical tourism, prices of medical treatments in Turkey are generally low, especially for tourists. The low prices of hair transplant operations in Turkey as well as perks like zero VAT are in place to promote medical tourism.
4. Low Cost Of Living and Stable Currency
Turkey’s local currency, the lira, is relatively stable and converts nicely against the United States dollar. So when Turkish doctors charge in dollars from foreign clients and convert the fee into the local currency, they can get quite a substantial profit.
In addition to the favorable currency, the cost of living in Turkey is very low. Statistics show that living in Turkey is about 50% cheaper than living in the U.S.
Is A Hair Transplant Worth The Money?
Yes. A hair transplant is worth the money because it’s the most effective way to regain lost hair. Other hair restoration methods like creams or medications don’t work most of the time, and some even cause side effects to patients. With hair transplants, you only feel discomfort during the first two weeks post-surgery, but the results are always worth it.
Also, hair transplants are permanent. Unless you get an accident involving your scalp or develop an illness or condition (like cancer) that involves hair loss, your transplanted hair will last for life.
The cost of a hair transplant surgery in Cosmedica is very low, yet it is one of the most sophisticated clinics in Istanbul. Asides from that, Cosmedica’s Dr. Levent Acar is a world-renowned surgeon with over 20,000 successful surgeries and nearly two decades of experience. He uses the special DHI Sapphire technique that’s guaranteed to produce fantastic results. If you need a world-class clinic/surgeon that gives you value for your money, it’s Cosmedica.