Many people put a lot of time and effort into making the exterior of their homes beautiful. They may also choose to beautify rooms where people frequently gather, such as the living room or the kitchen. But what about the bathroom? What steps can you take to make your bathroom more beautiful and why does this room deserve just as much attention?
The Power of a Bathroom
There’s a reason why bathroom renovations are so popular – and so rewarding, says BidetMate. Giving your bathroom an entire makeover gives it a new energy that can completely transform how you see and think about your entire home.
Moreover, you don’t need a full renovation in order to see the benefits of bathroom beautification. Almost any upgrade you make to your bathroom is likely to carry at least some positive benefits.
Why is this room, in particular, so important?
- Hygiene. We take care of some unpleasant necessities in the bathroom, so even a few details out of place can make it feel unclean, unhygienic, or otherwise uncomfortable. Making the bathroom cleaner and more beautiful makes it feel more hygienic.
- Privacy. This is also a room where people feel entitled to privacy. Even if it’s only for a few moments, this space becomes wholly your own; making it more beautiful turns it into a kind of private oasis.
- Comfort. We deserve to feel comfortable everywhere, all the time, but it’s even more important in the bathroom, which can feel uncomfortable under various circumstances.
- Preparation. We also spend a lot of time preparing ourselves in the bathroom. Depending on your routine and preferences, you might spend an hour a day or more getting ready in this particular space.
How to Make Your Bathroom Beautiful
So what steps should you take to make your bathroom more beautiful?
- Remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. First, you need to remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The aesthetics of a bathroom are largely subjective, so you need to make decisions that feel right for you and your family. There are some best practices to follow and helpful hints to give you inspiration, but your decisions are ultimately yours.
- Manage the clutter. It may seem innocuous, but clutter has the potential to make us feel terrible. If your bathroom counter is overflowing with unnecessary objects, it’s going to put a damper on the overall feeling of the room. You can manage the clutter by investing in better storage options and organizational tools, tucking these items away where they can’t be seen.
- Embrace better lighting. Upgrades to your lighting can also change the dynamics of this room. Bright overhead lighting is a must for certain preparation activities, but you should also consider warmer, more peripheral lighting for different types of experiences.
- Upgrade the vanity. Sometimes, individual fixture changes can completely change how you feel about a space. Swapping out the vanity is a relatively inexpensive, hassle-free process, but it could make your bathroom feel new.
- Replace the shower curtain. Even if you spend the time cleaning your shower curtain, it’s eventually going to suffer wear and tear and become less appealing. Consider replacing your shower curtain, as well as the rings supporting it, to bring a new vibe to this room.
- Apply fresh paint. Depending on the size of your bathroom, applying a fresh coat of paint is likely to cost you $100 or less and only take you an afternoon. Despite this minimal investment of time and money, the new color can brighten the space and make it feel cleaner and newer.
- Include some greenery. Human beings are attracted to nature, and quite naturally, many would argue. If you want to incorporate literal new life into your bathroom, consider including some indoor house plants. They require some regular watering and upkeep, but aside from that, they’re inexpensive, convenient pieces of decor.
- Add a fresh scent. Beauty is about more than just visuals, so consider introducing more fresh scents into the bathroom with candles, incense, or other distribution methods. Certain scents even have the potential to help you relieve stress and anxiety, helping you start your day right, says Cnet.
- Don’t forget regular cleaning! If you want your bathroom to remain clean, beautiful, and inviting, it’s important to clean it regularly. Give it a basic wipe-down every day and practice more thorough cleaning at least weekly.
You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars, nor do you have to completely change the layout of your bathroom in order to make this room more comfortable, more inviting, and more aesthetically pleasing.
With just a handful of changes, you can improve the dynamic of this all-important room and enjoy those benefits for years to come.